Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owed and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team to help us manage finance and administration. This position will report to the Controller.
– Support administration employee(s) involved in billing and accounting functions including A/P, A/R, cash and payroll
– Establish and maintain the organizations’ overall accounting systems, procedures and policies
– Prepare timely and reliable monthly financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, variance report) and year end reports for internal and external users
– Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
– Coordinate banking and credit facilities, and be responsible for maintaining relationships with creditors
– Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
– Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
– Prepare annual operating and capital budgets, year-end working papers
– Knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
– Ability to make well educated and timely decisions and be able to explain them
– Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
– Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism
– Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
– Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexible for changing priorities
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com