We are looking for an Accountant to join our team to help us manage finance and administration. This position will report to the Senior Vice President.
- Supervise and support administration employee(s) involved in billing and accounting functions including A/P, A/R, cash, payroll and front desk
- Establish and maintain the organizations’ overall accounting systems, procedures and policies.
- Prepare timely and reliable monthly financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, variance report) and year end reports for internal and external users
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate banking and credit facilities, and be responsible for maintaining relationships with creditors
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets, year-end working papers
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Leadership skills, including empowerment, coaching, organizing/ planning, and interpersonal sensitivity
- Knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to make well educated and timely decisions and be able to explain them
- Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
- Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism
- Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable, and flexible for changing priorities
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.