Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
• Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
• Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
What You’ll Do:
• Manage a small team of clerks and accountants;
• Coordinate payables/receivables and AIA billing;
• Assemble monthly financial statements and supporting schedules;
• Maintain professional relationships with other company personnel;
• Establish efficiencies in systems/operating procedures;
• Prepare and oversee month-end closeout procedures;
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value;
• Participate in special projects as required, and compile a variety of special reports;
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner;
• Respond to the Executive Director as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs;
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Who You Are:
• Strong Leadership, effective problem-solving skills;
• Proficient with NetSuite is preferred;
• Experience in underground construction is preferred, other construction and manufacturing considered;
• 3 years of recent Supervisory/Management experience is required;
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality;
• CPA preferred, partial completion of accounting designation in conjunction with experience will be considered;
• Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data, operation of office equipment, and determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work;
• Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry;
• Ability to work well with others as well as independently;
• Experience with Construction Accounting software preferred;
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.