Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are looking for a Controller to provide project leadership to our Accounting team. This is a full-time position, and will report to the CFO.
Who you are:
• Ability and interest in providing leadership to a dedicated accounting team
• Capable of maintaining internal and external business relationships
• Capacity to analyze and bring efficiency to accounting processes
• Passionate about the details
• Analytical and interested in corporate reporting
• Hold a CPA designation
What you’ll do:
• Oversee day-to-day project-based accounting functions
• Review & approve journal entries to be posted: A/P, A/R, WIP and all government statutory and regulatory filings
• Oversee invoicing and issuance of progress draws to our clients with supporting documents
• Liaise with external auditors, banks, insurance and bonding agencies
• Monitor A/R activity; investigate and reconcile discrepancies on customer accounts
• Review and analyze job costing reports and monthly financial statements
• Monitor line of credit, insurance, cash balances, mortgages
• Prepare annual and departmental budget in collaboration with senior management
• Prepare various financial analysis reports as required
• Prepare year-end financial statements and liaise with external accountants
• Train accounting staff and monitor adherence to company and government policies and procedures
• Ensure all accounting and financial data and records, both hard copy and electronic, are up to date and backed up according to CRA requirements
• Ensure timely preparation of GST, PST, Payroll and other required tax compliance filings and remittances
• Design and implement adequate internal control for inventory management.
• Ensure compliance with Income Tax laws for taxability of employer provided benefits.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.