Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based in Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred innovation. This innovation has been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation fiber optic infrastructure to the region and beyond.
Valley Fiber is looking for self-motivated, dependable individuals to join our team as full-time drafting technicians. As a member of the Valley Fiber team, you will help develop and design fiber optic distribution within townships and create field databases used for network builds.
As a Drafter at Valley Fiber, you will:
• Perform technical drafting and engineering design support
• Be responsible for drafting fiber layouts in various communities
• Develop an understanding of proprietary design and software through hands on training (AutoCAD Maps 2021, Google Earth and QGIS)
• Maintain and update existing as-built drawings
The ideal candidate must have:
• A basic knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD, Google Earth, QGIS and Excel
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Skills required to manage, organize and layout CAD drawings
• Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude with strong work ethic
• Ability to work and engage others as part of a team
• Self-motivation to meet short term deadlines
• Ability to enjoy a fast-paced work environment
Please submit your resume to HR@valleyfiber.ca.