Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB and rapidly expanding into eastern Manitoba. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. For the last 5 years, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are looking for Drill Crew Technicians to assist in the development of our fiber optic infrastructure in the Steinbach region. This position reports to the Drill Crew Manager.
Who You Are:
– Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
– Class 1 and 3 driver’s license is an asset
– Previous directional drilling experience is an asset
– Previous heavy equipment operator is an asset
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
– Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team
– Ability to carry out instructions with precision
– Ability to adapt to changing priorities
What You’ll Do:
– Responsible for various equipment operation including mini excavator, skid steer operation, and Hydrovac
– Directional drilling
– Drilling locating
– Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
– Ability to work in all weather conditions
– Ability to work overtime as required
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com