Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
We are looking for Drill Crew Technicians to assist in the development of our fiber optic infrastructure. This is an entry-level role for people who like to work with their hands and spend time outdoors. The Drill Crew Technician is responsible for equipment operating, directional drilling, drilling locating, mini excavator, skid steer operation, and Hydrovac. This position reports to the Drill Crew Lead.
What We Offer :
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
What You’ll Do:
– Equipment operating including mini excavator, skid steer operation, and
– Directional drilling
– Drilling locating
– Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
– Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
– Class 1 and 3 driver’s license is an asset
– Previous directional drilling experience is an asset
– Previous heavy equipment operator is an asset
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
– Ability to work independently and collaborate as a team
– Ability to carry out instructions with precision
– Ability to adapt to changing priorities
– Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
– Ability to work in all weather conditions
– Ability to work overtime as required
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.