Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
The Fiber Planner will be at the forefront of the development fiber network plan across, synchronizing Planning and Engineering and Network Operations Center’s team to optimize network deployments and drive the best outcomes for all Valley Fiber customers. This position reports to the Director of Planning & Engineering.
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
• Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
• Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
What You’ll Do:
- Develop integrated network plans in collaboration with the network operation centre team
- Manage and plan rural central offices, RCOs, capacity, availability, feeding polygons, circuit allocation etc
- Identify opportunities and locations where RCOs can be placed
- Coordinate RCO construction, mapping, fiber allocation
- Run network scenarios analysis and clearly recommend options based on sound business cases
- Spearhead continued improvements of tools and processes leveraging automation to simplify our delivery
- Manage and assign new circuits orders
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as part of a network planning and engineering is required
- Familiar with network planning and engineering in a service provider environment
- Extensive knowledge of fiber optic components in an active network
- Working knowledge of routers and switches is an asset
- Demonstrated experience using GIS & AutoCAD software
- Excellent strategic thinking with the ability to turn complex ideas into simple concepts/plans
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills to leaders at all levels within the organization
- Recognized as having strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to maintain discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work on internal systems for long periods of time
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.