Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based in Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred innovation. This innovation has been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation fiber optic infrastructure to the region and beyond.
Valley Fiber is looking for a self-motivated, dependable individual to join our team as a safety coordinator. As a member of the Valley Fiber team, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing employee safety at work. This position reports to our Director of Field Operations.
Who you are:
• Passionate about keeping people physically and psychologically safe at work
• Team player
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Attention to details
• Willingness to continue education to keep up with new legislation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll do:
• Work together with leadership to ensure the safety of all employees
• Actively participate on the health & safety committee
• Lead tailgate meetings with production
• Assess all Valley Fiber workplaces to ensure compliance to OHS policies and programs
• Seek out training opportunities and stay current in knowledge of OHS industry standards
• Enforce policy and work with management to create a safe workplace
• Conduct hazard risk assessments
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.