Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
We’re hiring Field Technicians to assist in the development of our fiber optic infrastructure. This is an entry-level role for people who like to work with their hands and spend time outdoors. Field Technicians may work on several Production crews. This is a full-time position that reports to the Field Supervisor.
What We Offer :
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
– Yearly performance-reviews
What You Bring:
– Reliable, dependable, adaptable for changing priorities
– Good work ethic and positive attitude
– Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail
– Ability to work well with others in a team environment
– Basic computer knowledge
– Enjoy working outdoors
– Hold a valid MB Driver’s License
What You’ll Do:
– Installation of fiber optic cable
– Service, repair and maintenance of fiber optic cable and equipment
– Basic cable installation knowledge an asset, but not required
– Moderate to heavy lifting, consistent outdoor work
– Moderate to heavy lifting is required in this role
– Consistent outdoor work in all weather conditions
– Ability to work overtime as workload requires
– Ability to work away from home (travel is required)
The starting wage for this position is $18/hr. Starting wage can be flexible dependent on a candidates experience and skillset. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.