Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owed and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB and rapidly expanding into eastern Manitoba. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are seeking a full-time Financial Analyst to join our team. This position reports to the Executive Director of Financial Reporting, Planning, and Analysis, and is responsible for supporting all aspects of financial reporting and analysis within the Valley Fiber Group of companies.
Who You Are:
– Working towards an accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) required,
designation preferred, with full cycle accounting experience
– Past roles in auditing and financial reporting and analysis are an asset
– Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
– Proficient in various accounting and finance software packages
– Demonstrated reporting and analysis experience in a
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to transition rapidly between multiple competing priorities
– Proven ability to work with operating teams, and get buy-in on initiatives
– Ability to plan and schedule workflows to be able to balance role
– Ability to self-correct and evaluate one’s own work
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
– Ability to interface with individuals across all levels of the company
What You’ll Do:
– Preparation of operational reporting and analysis required by internal and
external parties, including development, templates, assembly, and
– Providing support to the Executive Director for meeting audit requirements,
including working papers and analysis for the auditors.
– Working with operating managers to provide accurate analysis and
operationally synthesized financial reports.
– Detecting and reviewing inconsistent financial and operational data, with a
specific focus on improving the quality of data provided to Finance for
– Flexible working hours as workload requires
– Ability to work on internal systems for long periods of time
– Ability to deal with constant interruptions
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org