Are you interested in helping Manitobans get connected to the province’s leading Internet Service Provider? You can help people become more connected than ever with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people join us!
We are seeking a full-time Financial Analyst to join our team. This position reports to the Executive Director of Financial Reporting, Planning, and Analysis, and is responsible for supporting all aspects of financial reporting and analysis within the Valley Fiber Group of companies.
What We Offer:
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
What You Bring:
– Working towards an accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) required,
designation preferred, with full cycle accounting experience
– Past roles in auditing and financial reporting and analysis are an asset
– Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
– Proficient in various accounting and finance software packages
– Demonstrated reporting and analysis experience in a
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to transition rapidly between multiple competing priorities
– Proven ability to work with operating teams, and get buy-in on initiatives
– Ability to plan and schedule workflows to be able to balance role
– Ability to self-correct and evaluate one’s own work
– Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
– Ability to interface with individuals across all levels of the company
What You’ll Do:
– Preparation of operational reporting and analysis required by internal and
external parties, including development, templates, assembly, and distribution
– Providing support to the Executive Director for meeting audit requirements, including working papers and analysis for the auditors
– Working with operating managers to provide accurate analysis and operationally synthesized financial reports
– Detecting and reviewing inconsistent financial and operational data, with a
specific focus on improving the quality of data provided to finance for reporting purposes
– Flexible working hours as workload requires
– Ability to work on internal systems for long periods of time
– Ability to deal with constant interruptions
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.