Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB and rapidly expanding into eastern Manitoba. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are looking for a GPS/Line Locator to join our team in the Steinbach region.
What You’ll Do:
– Scheduling locates/responding to emails
– Creating simple Visio drawings and fill out required paperwork
– Locating Valley Fiber infrastructure in the field
– Facilitate identifying Fiber and Conduit pathways
– Working with utility maps as a guide and verifying the locations marked on the maps are accurate. If the maps prove inaccurate, the locator will use Radio locating devices to pinpoint the precise location of underground Fiber and Conduit.
Who You Are:
– Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
– Ability to collaborate well as a team player
– High level of organization
– Excellent time management skills
– Visio and Penmap knowledge are considered an asset
– Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
– Reliable, dependable, and adaptable to changing priorities
– Locating knowledge is considered an asset
– Basic computer knowledge and experience is required
– Basic Outlook knowledge and experience is required
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Ability to be on call and work overtime as required (available after hours for emergency locates as needed)
• Ability to physically lift 50 lbs. as required
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com