Small town living is special: you know your neighbors, you have space to live, clean air to breathe, and you feel safe. But living in a small town shouldn’t mean settling for slow internet. CommStream brings big city internet in a small town way – reliable service, great value, and personal. Are you interested in helping Manitobans get connected? You can help people become more connected than ever with CommStream and Valley Fiber Ltd.
We are looking for a full-time Install & Locate Technician to join our team at CommStream. This position reports to the Director of Coax Services.
What You’ll Do:
- Locate and mark existing infrastructure
- Schedule locates
- Be present for safety watches
- Install residential customers
- Troubleshoot service issues as required
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- Willingness to relocate to Thompson, MB is a requirement of this role
- Valid class 5 Driver’s license is required
- Basic troubleshooting and technical competency is required
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in order of importance
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- High level of organization
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work away from home (travel will be required)
- Ability to be on call and work overtime as required
- Ability to physically lift 50 lbs as required
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.