Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
Reporting directly to the Installation & Repair Field Manager, the Field Supervisor will play a pivotal role in executing the strategy for installation and repair services. This position is responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of services across rural Manitoba while meeting performance goals and maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses.
- Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and
- Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategic Leadership: Collaborate with the I&R Leadership team and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) that align with the company’s objectives and growth strategy.
- Team Development: Lead and support a team of residential technicians across multiple regions.
- Training and Development: Assist in onboarding and training technicians to ensure they are well-prepared to meet performance standards. Ensure cross-training and upskilling programs, including setup, installation, and special requirements such as confined space training and lift training, are effectively executed.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee the maintenance of material inventory count, tool inventory count, and vehicles to support the efficient operations of the installation and repair teams. Perform Q/A visits to ensure procedures and quality installation practices are being delivered.
- Damage mitigation: Follow process to ensure customer resolution for any damages due to installation process. May require communication with contractors on an as-needed basis.
- Customer Support: Act as an escalation point for customers requiring the attention of a supervising team member, ensuring that customer concerns are addressed promptly and satisfactorily.
- Collaborative Coordination: Work closely with the I&R Administrative team to ensure seamless coordination and efficiency in all aspects of installation and repair operations.
Who You Are:
- Proven experience in supporting installation and repair services or a similar technical field.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of Fiber To the Home (FTTH) telecommunications is a plus.
- Commitment to safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Leadership skills: The field supervisor should be able to inspire, lead, and support a team of technicians, setting expectations and managing their performance with the I&R Field Manager.
- Team management: Supporting a diverse team of residential technicians of different generations.
- Training & development skills: Have expertise / experience in onboarding technicians to meet performance standards.
- Quality Assurance / high attention to detail: Overseeing material, tool and vehicle inventory and in satisfactory operating condition. Must be able to conduct in-field/in-home Q/A visits to ensure proper installation and repair practices are being met.
- Communication skills: Effective communication, both written and verbal, is crucial for interacting with team members, customers and potential contractors.
- Problem-solving: The ability to identify issues, analyze root causes, and implement solutions to mitigate damage and improve service delivery.
- Analytical skills: Ability to analyze data and KPI’s to make informed decisions / adjustments to the operational framework.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.