Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
We are looking for Install Technicians to join our expanding Installer team in the Winkler region. We provide all our installers with a company vehicle, cell phone and all required tools. This is a full-time, permanent position. The Install Technician reports to the Production Services Manager.
What We Offer :
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life
What You Bring:
– Working knowledge of home routes and fiber installation an asset
– Previous experience in installing services is an asset
– Previous construction experience is an asset
– Able to speak and write in English fluently
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong time management skills and highly punctual
– Ability to work well with minimal supervision
– High level of professionalism
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to collaborate as a team player
– Efficient problem-solving skills
– Ability to adapt to changing priorities
– High level of organization
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Excellent customer service skills
– Valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License required
What You’ll Do:
– Installing internet and TV services in residential homes and commercial
– Ensuring documentation is completed and accurate
– Signing out and returning inventory
– Repair and maintenance of fiber optic cable and equipment
– Troubleshooting installation issues and/or potential service issues
– Some outdoor work required
– Ability to work and drive in all weather conditions
– Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs is required
– Ability to work overtime as workload requires and be on-call
– Ability to work away from home (travel is required)
Please note that our production office is located in Winkler, MB. The training plan for this role consists of the successful candidate training out of our Winkler office for 3-4 weeks. A complimentary weekly hotel stay and food allowance will be provided. Once the successful candidate has completed their training period, they will be operating fully out of our Steinbach location.
The starting wage for this position is $19/hr. Starting wage can be flexible dependent on a candidates experience and skillset. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.