Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based in Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred innovation. This innovation has been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation fiber optic infrastructure to the region and beyond.
Valley Fiber is looking for a self-motivated, dependable individual to join our team as a full-time designer. As a member of the Valley Fiber team, you will help develop and design fiber optic distribution within townships and create field databases used for network builds.
Who you are:
• Comfortable using Autodesk AutoCAD, Google Earth and Excel
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Skills required to manage, organize and lay out CAD drawings
• Strong multitasking and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Positive attitude with strong work ethic
• Ability to work and engage others as part of a team
• Self-motivation to meet short term deadlines
• Ability to enjoy a fast-paced work environment
What you’ll do:
• Perform technical drafting and engineering design support
• Be responsible for drafting fiber layouts in various communities
• Develop an understanding of proprietary design and software through hands on training (AutoCAD Maps 2021, Google Earth)
• Maintain and update existing as-built drawings
Please submit your resume to HR@valleyfiber.ca. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.