Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. For the last 3 years, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
Valley Fiber is looking for a self-motivated, dependable individual to join our team as a full-time IT Technician. This position reports to the Director of IT.
IT Technician – Duties & Responsibilities
– Setup and configure workstations, servers and peripheral devices (IP cameras, IP Phones, printers, routers, switches, etc.)
– Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and fix hardware/software issues
– Manage and maintain computer hardware / software to ensure functionality
– Document all fixes and troubleshooting procedures
– Provide training to users on how to operate software and/or hardware
– Keep track of all IT assets
– Assist with on-site and remote data backups and recovery services
– Monitors and manages security through access controls, network monitoring tools, group policy, and hardware and software firewalls.
– Conduct regular malware scans and check for OS critical updates and patches including hardware maintenance such as dusting, cleaning, etc.
– Responsible for installing and configuring software and hardware, ranging from servers to portable devices.
– Responds promptly to help desk requests
– Contributes to internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
– Excellent communication skills
– In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
– Experience with MacOS and Windows operating systems
– Experience with Linux OS: RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.
– Excellent knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, including domain controllers, active directory, WSUS, IIS, Certificates, Server backups, GPOs, Security/distribution groups, etc.
– Experience with virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.
– Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Email and Microsoft Exchange Systems
– Knowledge on Helpdesk Ticketing systems
– Excellent diagnostic, problem-solving and documentation skills
– An excellent team player
– Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
– Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
– IT certifications such as CompTIA A+, MCITP, CCNA would be a plus
– Knowledge and Experience with storage and backups systems such as SAN and NAS
– Experience with Installing, setting up and configuring IP Cameras, IP Phones and PBX Systems
– Experience with database management systems such as MYSQL/MSSQL/Maria/Oracle database
– Firewall systems, Endpoint security, Host-detection and intrusion systems, Antivirus/malware solutions
– Thorough understating of network technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, VLANS, Wi-Fi 802.11, Subnets, Gateways, SSH, FTP, etc.
– Experience with Web/cloud hosting and management
– Working knowledge of performing hardware maintenance such as replacing PSUs, MBUs, Server Chassis, building workstations and servers from scratch, BIOS/Firmware updates
– Have a thorough understanding of Quality control and Asset management
– Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
– Thorough understanding and experience with RouterOS
– Thorough understanding and experience with setting up routers, switches, configuring Wireless hotspots, troubleshooting networking issues
– Required to work some nights and weekend especially when on call and during emergencies and/or when performing upgrades
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org