Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
We are looking for a GPS/Line Locator to join our team. Duties are to facilitate identifying Fiber and Conduit pathways, locators work with utility maps as a guide, they must also confirm that the locations marked on the maps are accurate. If the maps prove inaccurate, the locator will use Radio locating devices to pinpoint the precise location of underground Fiber and Conduit. This position will report to the Drafting department.
– Scheduling locates/responding to emails
– Creating simple AutoCAD drawings
– Locating Valley Fiber infrastructure in the field
– Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
– Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
– AutoCAD knowledge would be considered an asset but not required
– Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
– Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexible for changing priorities
– Locating knowledge would be considered an asset but not required
– Basic computer knowledge
– Basic Outlook knowledge
– Available after hours for emergency locates
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com