Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
We are looking for GPS/Line Locators to join our team. This is an entry-level role for people who like to work with their hands and spend time outdoors. Duties are to facilitate identifying Fiber and Conduit pathways. Locators work with utility maps as a guide and they must also confirm that the locations marked on the maps are accurate. If the maps prove inaccurate, the locator will use Radio locating devices to pinpoint the precise location of underground Fiber and Conduit.
What We Offer :
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the
daily life of Manitobans
What You’ll Do:
– Scheduling locates/responding to emails
– Creating simple Visio drawings and fill out required paperwork
– Locating Valley Fiber infrastructure in the field
What You Bring:
– Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
– Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
– Visio and Penmap knowledge would be considered an asset, but not required
– Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
– Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexible for changing priorities
– Locating knowledge would be considered an asset but not required
– Basic computer knowledge
– Basic Outlook knowledge
– Available after hours for emergency locates
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.