Reports To: Market Manager
Valley Fiber Ltd. is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential have been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. Since 2017, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
The Warehouse Manager is a direct labor position that holds responsibilities over Valley Fiber’s largest asset. A qualified candidate must be able to prioritize general warehousing duties both for themselves and their team as well as maintain Valley Fiber’s high standards on inventory accuracy, warehouse efficiency, staffing, capacity planning, safety and general preventative maintenance at their facility.
Who You Are:
3 years supervisory experience in either a manufacturing or distribution environment (management experience preferred)
2 years direct labor warehousing experience
2 years experience using a barcode warehouse management system
Knowledge of lean manufacturing and 5S programs (certifications are an asset)
The ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organization
What You’ll Do:
• Utilize the warehouse management system to make receiving, picking,
packaging and shipping procedures as efficient and effortless as possible.
• Manage all warehouse transactions to ensure they are prompt and
• Adopt and deploy lean manufacturing strategies to improve operations.
• Monitor and manage local inventory
• Conduct and report cycle counts on a weekly basis.
• Investigate inventory adjustments down to the root cause.
• Internally audit the warehouse team, processes and product for accuracy.
• Manage workload and staff appropriately
• Create schedules and operating rhythms for the team.
• Make adjustments to schedules in order to ensure all work is completed
accurately and on time for clients.
• Cross train the warehouse team for efficiency.
• Understand and report on the activity of the warehouse.
• Track all Key Performance Indicators and use them to manage operations.
• Report KPI’s of operations during regional meetings.
• Follow through on company initiatives.
• Continually manage the equipment and grounds of the facility.
• Regularly follow up on P.M. programs for warehouse equipment.
• Keep the facility in a clean and safe condition by scheduling the appropriate
maintenance on all aspects of the building.
• Verify that all grounds are kept maintained by local landscaping and snow
• Obtain and maintain DOT physical cards to make customer deliveries with
company delivery vehicles.
Following procedures as they relate to the use of our warehouse management system.
Keeping the warehouse market’s inventory accuracy level up to Valley Fiber’s standards.
Planning, prioritizing, and staffing the warehouse facility to match the market’s budget.
Documenting, reporting, and managing up to the warehouse metrics.
Maintaining and planning preventative maintenance on both the facility and equipment used in the warehouse.
Executing a safe working environment.
Job Location: Steinbach, MB
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.