Senior Account Executive – Carrier & Wholesale – Winnipeg, Lockport, Steinbach, Winkler
Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd. is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
Valley Fiber Ltd. is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Account Executive to join our team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with Wholesale, Carriers, IT Service Providers, Telecom Resellers, and related organizations to sell Valley Fiber’s world-class Connectivity and Telecommunications services.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Business Markets.
What We Offer :
– Comprehensive benefits package
– Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
– Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and
– Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the
daily life of Manitobans
What You’ll Do:
• Drive revenue growth by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities.
• Meet and exceed assigned sales targets and goals.
• Create and deliver sales proposals, presentations, and contracts.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers in all related
• Act as a trusted advisor to customers, providing guidance and support
throughout the sales process and beyond.
• Lead the negotiation and closing of deals with clients, including contract
negotiations and pricing agreements.
• Provide regular reports and updates to management on sales activities,
pipeline, and forecasts.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Valley Fiber’s services,
technology, and competitive landscape.
• Stay current on industry trends, market conditions, and customer needs
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of customer workflows and
requirements to effectively position Valley Fiber’s solutions.
• Collaborate with marketing teams to develop effective sales and promotional
• Work closely with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as product development and
customer support, to ensure smooth implementation and ongoing support for
• Identify and attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events
to build industry knowledge and expand professional network.
What You Bring:
• 5+ years of experience in B2B sales, preferably in telecommunications or
related industries. Experience in a channel sales environment is an asset.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets directly or through
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, partners,
and internal stakeholders.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, including fiber optic networks,
wireless networks, and related technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field.
– Ability to work on internal systems for long periods of time
Your goal as a Sales Representative is to sell $5,000/month in Monthly Recurring Services. This means that you will be responsible for bringing in new customers and upselling to existing customers to meet this sales target.
Eligible sales must be approved, or pre-approved, by Valley Fiber to qualify.
Each month, you will be paid a commission of 2% multiplied by the Total Contract Value (TCV) of the services that were sold the previous month. This commission will be split into two payments, with 50% paid upon contract signature, and 50% paid upon service delivery.
If a customer cancels their services before they are delivered, the commission paid to you will be “clawed back” with a debit to your commissions payable account. This means that if a customer cancels their services before they are delivered, you will be responsible for paying back the commission you earned for that sale.
Let’s say that in the month of January, you sold $5,000 in Monthly Recurring Services, with a Total Contract Value of $240,000. In February, you would be paid a commission of 2% x $240,000, which equals $4,800. Half of this commission, $2,400, would be paid upon contract signature, and the remaining $2,400 would be paid upon service delivery.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley Fiber does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.